Here is part 2 in our Holiday Hazards series keep an eye out for the last part coming at the end of the week.

* With the holidays here there will be lots of tantalizing bones, but don’t feed them to your pet. Small bones/ bone chips can get lodged in the throat, stomach, and intestinal tract. Chewing bones can also fracture your pet’s teeth.

* Keep a watchful eye on the holiday plants (Ivy, holly, mistletoe, lillies, and poinsettias). While they might smell and look engaging to the eye, they can be very toxic to animals when ingested.

* Before sharing your holiday candy with your pet, beware that chocolate is toxic to dogs and cats and may be deadly to a little dog/cat that gets a good size piece.